When you need to remove accumulated sediment from the bottom or sides of a body…
It’s a tough job market. Not only do you need employable skills, but you need to understand how to position yourself as the right person for every job. That includes knowing how to prepare a resume, conduct an interview, and negotiate salaries.
If you’re looking for a lucrative career, the heavy equipment career is ready for you. Here are five reasons why now is a good time to get in:
- Lots of Demand – There is a lot of demand for heavy equipment operators. Construction is booming everywhere. Cities and municipalities, private businesses, and even the federal government have projects going on all the time.
- Pay is Increasing – You’d think that demand is driving wages lower, but in fact, as the cost of living rises, heavy equipment operators need to earn more to maintain the lifestyles they’ve enjoyed. The best companies in the field are paying heavy equipment operators handsomely.
- Baby Boomers are Retiring – The older heavy equipment operators in the workforce are retiring in droves. That’s leaving a lot of empty spaces for new operators.
- Opportunities for Advancement – Because the top heavy equipment operators, who tend to be older, are retiring, that means a lot of younger but experienced heavy equipment operators will be moving up, leaving room for entry-level operators to step in and fill positions. When new positions in management open up, who do you think will be in line?
- Many Ways to Earn More Income – Once you get certified to operate heavy equipment, you can make yourself more employable and valuable to your employers by training on other equipment and getting other certifications that can increase your pay. These include rigging, CDLs, and mobile crane certifications.
This is the best time to start a career in heavy equipment. What are you waiting for?